How to know if you are a candidate for veneers?
It’s a good question, and one we receive frequently here at Arch Dental. In today’s blog, we delve into how to determine your candidacy for veneers… and how the Arch Dental team is happy to tailor our veneer offerings to suit your specific wants and needs.
An Overview of Veneers
Before we jump in, we wanted to provide an overview of veneers for those who may not be familiar.
Defined as thin, strong laminates of porcelain that are professionally bonded to the front of teeth, veneers work to close gaps left by missing teeth, cover the appearance of broken or misaligned teeth, and/or present the appearance of whiter teeth than the patient’s natural smile.
Most commonly used for cosmetic purposes, tooth enamel needs to be filed down slightly before the bonding of the veneers commences. Due to this, there is specific candidacy that is required for veneers.
Determining Your Veneers Candidacy
While the only true way to be deemed a candidate for veneers is to be given approval by one of our team members, here is a general checklist for what makes a patient a good candidate for veneers:
- The need or desire to correct multiple cracked, chipped, or misshapen teeth
- The need or desire to correct discoloured teeth that standard professional teeth whitening treatment has not resolved
- The need or desire to correct myriad concerns, such as, but no limited to, misalignment, straightening, and cracks
On other hand, patients who may not be good candidates for veneers include:
- Patients who do not have healthy gums
- Patients who do not have enough tooth enamel to be appropriately filed down
- Patients whose teeth are severely misaligned
- Patients who suffer from chronic nail-biting, teeth grinding, and/or teeth clenching
- Patients who do not have consistently good oral hygiene habits
How to Know if You are a Candidate for Veneers? Contact Our Office Today
While the Canadian Dental Association echoes what types of patients veneers are suitable for, the only way to know for sure if you are a candidate for veneers is to reach out today to book your appointment with one of our professional staff. Our consultation will determine if you are a good candidate and, if not, what other treatment options are available to you.